- Cosabella Dolce Babydoll
- James Chocolates Champagne Truffles
- Stealing Beauty DVD
- Honeysucklecove Revive Bath Melt
- Original Carshalton Lavender Bath Foam
- Roasted Yellow Beet Salad Vegetarian Starter Recipe
- Cod with ricotta and chive sauce main course recipe
- Chocolate Mousse Dessert Recipe
- Honeysucklecove Luxury Romantic Massage Candle
- Honeysucklecove Revive Body Butter
- Sex & Mischief Satin Blindfold
Indulge Me Now
Selected item detail:
Cod with ricotta and chive sauce main course recipe
The romantic, seductive stuff…
If you’re considering skipping on the garlic in this stunning recipe then hang on a minute! We know it can potentially be a bit stinky, and it might not sound like the best start to a romantic evening, but garlic has long had a reputation as an aphrodisiac. And this is connected with its classification as a “hot” herb. It works by increasing the blood flow around the body meaning it gets to the bits it needs to even quicker. This helps to make both your sensitive bits even more sensitive and it’s been thought to help you get an erection more easily!
Cod with ricotta and chive sauce main course recipe Description:
Prep time: 1 hr, plus chilling time
Cook time: 30 min
Cod with ricotta and chive sauce, is an impressive main course dish that takes some effort but is definitely worth the end result.
- For the ricotta and chive sauce:
- 25 g ricotta cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp chives, finely chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- For the polenta:
- 100 ml cream
- 100 ml milk
- 20 g polenta
- 20 g smoked cod roe
- For the garnish:
- 50 g carrots, diced
- 50 g swede, diced
- 50 g celeriac, diced
- 80 g smoked haddock, skin removed and flesh flaked
- 2 tsp olive oil
- For the fish:
- 2 skinless cod fillets, approximately 160g each
- For the ricotta and chive glaze: Place all the ingredients into a bowl, with a pinch of salt and pepper, and beat until smooth. Cover with clingfilm and chill in a fridge for 1 hour.
- For the polenta: Pour the cream and milk into a pan and gradually bring to the boil. Add the polenta and cook for a further 5 minutes, whisking all the time to ensure there are no lumps. Add the cod roe and cook for another 2 minutes then remove from the heat and set aside, making sure it is kept warm.
- For the garnish: Put all the vegetables into a pan of lightly salted water and boil for 10-15 minutes. Drain and put in a bowl with the flaked haddock and olive oil.
- For the fish: Preheat the oven to 130C/110C fan, Gas 1/2. Place the cod fillets on a non-stick baking tray and cook in the oven for 15 minutes, until the flesh flakes easily. Remove the cod from the oven and spread the ricotta and chive mixture over each fillet. Place under a hot grill for 2 minutes.
- To serve, spread a thin layer of the smoked polenta in the middle of each plate. Sprinkle the vegetables around the outside of the plate and place the cod on top of the polenta.
From: Clos Maggiore (voted London’s most romantic restaurant)